Thursday, January 28, 2010

"I'm Just Keeping It Real..."


You know you've all heard it!

Somewhere along the way in society, we have become permissive and accepting to the "I'm just being real" person.

This is the guy or girl who claims to be "real" and says whatever they feel, whenever they feel...with no consideration for who their words may be affecting.

For example:

"I'm sorry if she started crying when I called her fat, but I'm just speaking the truth.  I'm just being real!"

Well, guess what...
It may be the truth...but you don't have to say it out loud.

You may be 'just keeping it real,' but you are also a complete Asshole!

Seriously.  Nobody asked your opinion.  Show some class.  Have some couth!

If you look up to, and aspire to be like Kanye West, then you are probably a complete jackass.

I think that is all that needs to be said on this topic.

Be kind.  Be polite. 

"The tongue is like a sharp knife.  It kills without drawing blood"  - Buddha

16 comments:

  1. Great quote! I agree with you, these people disturb me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! There are so many rude people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for saying this! I absolutely hate when people give their un-asked for opinion! It's one thing to say what you truly feel if that person asks you, but otherwise keep your mouth shut. Not only will it make you look like a better person, but also keeps peace between everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said!! So many people have lost any form of tact and manners. It drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couth. Couth. Couth.

    I love it, too! Sometimes I wonder if anyone else knows what it means though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously. Nobody asked your opinion. Show some class. Have some couth!
    I could not have said it better myself....;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking about a specific friend of ours who fits into exactly what you are saying. I'm curious to know if he was your inspiration for this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said. This idea of "free speech" has been getting a lot of air play and attention. But what is almost never taught or discussed is the idea that while we all have rights, my rights end where your begin, and visa versa.
    The golden rule still applies, and the thing about the glass houses.
    Just keepin' it real! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is very true. Words can be so hurtful and hard to erase from the mind and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here here - these people make my arsehole twitch - in a bad way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am 200% with you on this one! Was just thinking about it myself a couple of days ago... So true. Killer quote too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a champion for niceness, Paul!

    One should always try to be nice to strangers and make their day if possible too.

    And yeah, I know what "couth" means.......thank you very much!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always thought rudeness was common and a great sign of weakness. Anyone fool can blurt out what they think. It takes a strong person to show decorum and hold back what they are thinking.

    ReplyDelete