National Running Day? What?
Is this a made up holiday?
No, it's for real. So get on out there and go for a nice, long, refreshing run in order to celebrate!
"Why should i start running, PaulBenjamin?," you may ask. Well, besides being a great source of exercise, and good for your health overall, i run for various reasons.
1) I run to be able to eat whatever i want. I know, i know...sometimes it defeats the purpose. However, on those days when Giordano's stuffed crust pizza is calling my name, or Chipotle's huge burritos are all i can think about, I run a few extra miles!
2) I run for my own sanity! Without running, i would be a HOT MESS! A nice long run on Chicago's lakefront path will help me solve the World's problems! A good jog will help me calm down after a stressful day at work.
3) I run to look better naked. Plain and simple.
So, since I am already a runner, National Running Day doesn't make much of an impact on my life. Therefore, I need to come up with a nice way to celebrate today...Hmm....
As a runner, everyday that i run is pretty much National Running Day. So, I have to come up with a new way to celebrate, right? I mean...i can't just go for a run; I have to make this day special.
Therefore, if you are already a runner like me, try one of these options:
- Drink a bunch of Gatorade, and the next time you have to pee, spell out "I'M A RUNNER" with your urine. (sorry girls...it might be a little harder for you.)
- Take a handful of stickers with you on your run, and everytime you pass a group of walkers who rudely walk 3-4 abreast and take up the entire sidewalk, slap a sticker on their backs and give a Thumbs Down as you run by...
- Go into your boss' office and ask for the rest of the day off, in order to celebrate this new holiday. Do you run on a regular basis? Then running is a religion for you. Nobody can argue with Religion as your reason. I mean, people start WARS over it!
Some of the peeps in my AMAZING running group!